Gluten Free Brownies with PB Bacon Drizzle
Note: This post contains affiliate links. Please see my Disclaimers for more details.
These Gluten Free Brownies with PB Bacon Drizzle turned out better than my husband expected. While bacon with chocolate – or bacon with peanut butter – still sound “off” to me, I am noticing a trend with adding bacon to everything (or so it seems) on the cooking shows I have been watching.
Why peanut butter, chocolate, and bacon?
I am a member of Peanut Butter Bash where we combine peanut butter and a special ingredient each month. Follow us with #peanutbutterbash. If you are a foodie blogger, join our Facebook group at Peanut Butter Bash.
Not a foodie blogger and still love peanut butter? Join our Facebook group for Peanut Butter fans at The Peanut Butter Recipe Box.
To use a mix or bake “from scratch”
Normally, I make my brownies from freshly milled gluten free flours. Not this time. I wanted to work on my PB Bacon Drizzle. So I used Krusetaz’ Gluten Free Double Chocolate Brownie Mix to give me a few extra minutes.
Earlier, my husband baked the bacon on the broiler pan. Be sure the bacon is crisp enough to break without being too crisp.
After mixing up the brownie mix and getting it into the oven, I grabbed the peanut butter, dark chocolate baking chips, and the bacon to make my drizzle.
I allowed the brownies to cool completely before cutting. Due to the chocolate chips in the brownie mix, the brownies are rich. The PB Bacon Drizzle helps offset the richness with a richness of its own.
Gluten Free Brownies with PB Bacon Drizzle are ready to eat
The recipe for my Gluten Free Brownies with PB Bacon Drizzle
- One pan Gluten Free Brownies (from a mix or homemade recipe)
- ¼ to ½ cup Gluten Free peanut butter
- 4-8 slices of Gluten Free bacon
- ⅛ to ¼ cup dark chocolate baking chips (milk or semi-sweet can be used instead)
- Bake brownies according to package or recipe directions.
- Bake bacon in oven until crispy.
- Use food processor or knife to finely chop cooked bacon.
- Place peanut butter in a microwave safe container and microwave for 20 seconds at a time stirring after each interval.
- Once peanut butter is stirring smoothly, stir in chocolate baking chips.
- Stir well and place in microwave if needed to melt chocolate.
- Once peanut butter and chocolate mixture is smooth and combined, stir in chopped bacon and mix well.
- Slice cooled brownies and place onto plates.
- Use Peanut Butter Bacon Drizzle over brownies to top.
Ovens and microwaves vary in temperature and baking times.
Join me next month for June’s Peanut Butter Bash
The special ingredient for next month is coconut! Anyone have a suggestion for me?
To combine peanut butter and bacon
I would love to know how you liked my Gluten Free Brownies with PB Bacon Drizzle. Share your thoughts below.
If you are allergic to peanuts, try WOWBUTTER. I have used it in my recipes for friends who are peanut allergic.
P.S. If there is a dessert you would love to have yet do not know how to make it gluten free, please let me know. I would love to try and make your recipe gluten free.
<div class=’InLinkzContainer’ id=’520030′ >
<a rel=’nofollow’ href=”http://new.inlinkz.com/view.php?id=520030” title=”click to view in an external page.”>An InLinkz Link-up